- Students are expected to attend all classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.
- Absences and tardiness’ are not allowed. If an emergency should occur, the student must have permission from the Healthcare Director.
- Absences or tardiness’ without permission by the Healthcare Director will result in immediate termination from the program.
- There are absolutely no refunds once the class has started.
- You must be on time to class. If you are tardy, you will not be allowed to attend class that day. You will be allowed to make up this day during the next available class on the date specified by the instructor. Your certificate will be held until this make-up day. If you are late more than once you will be dismissed from class without refund.
- You can NOT miss any class or clinical time. If you miss a day you will have to make-up that day during the next available class on a date specified by the instructor. Your certificate will be held until this make-up day. (There will be a $50 make-up charge for clinical days). If you miss more than one day you will be dismissed from class without refund.
- Full participation is required during class in order to successfully complete the course and receive your certificate.
- You must behave professionally at all times during class and be respectful to others. The instructor has the right to dismiss anyone from class at any point in time due to unprofessional or disrespectful behaviors.
- Cell phones are not allowed out in class at all, unless given permission ahead of time. You will be given one warning if your cell phone is out. After your warning is given you will be asked to leave class from the day. You will be allowed to make up this day during the next available class on the date specified by the instructor. Your certificate will be held until this make-up day. If your cell phone is out again during class after being dismissed than you will be dismissed from the entire class without refund.
- Classroom Dress Code: Students must wear purple scrubs to class with closed toed shoes. A watch with second hand is required. No baseball caps or flip flops. All clothes are to be clean and pressed.
- Clinical Dress Code: Dark purple scrubs, and clean shoes. A watch with second hand is required.
- Piercings and Tattoos: No face or tongue piercing are allowed. Tattoos must be covered.
- Jewelry: Must be kept to a minimum, such as wedding ring, watch, and small ear studs.
- Classroom: Written exams follow chapters. Students must receive a 75% in order to pass. If the student scores below a 75% they will be allowed to retake the exam. A one on one instruction will be made available. If a 75% score is not obtained through review and retest the student will be terminated from the program.
- Laboratory: Students receive either a satisfactory or unsatisfactory grade. If the student receives an unsatisfactory grade, they must do the skill over until a satisfactory grade is achieved.
- Clinical: Students receive either a satisfactory or unsatisfactory grade. If the student receives an unsatisfactory grade, they must do the skill over until a satisfactory grade is achieved.
Deposit and Tuition Refund Policy –
- Tuition paid by the application shall be refunded if the application is rejected by the school.
- If tuition is refunded due to the school rejecting the applicant, all money paid will be refunded except for $25 for background check.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Deposit can be transferred to another available class, only if it is done before the start date of the enrolled class.
- Once the class the student registered for has started, there will be no refunds issued.
- The tuition balance will be refunded on a case by case basis only. A written request must be submitted to the Director.
- All approved refunds shall be returned within 30-45 days.
To submit for a refund you must follow these steps –
- Submit a written request to the Director for a refund. The written request should contain the following –
- Name of Student.
- The class the student is enrolled in (i.e. Nurse Assistant, Phlebotomy, CPR, etc).
- The dates registered for.
- Reason requesting refund. Please include any paperwork that may help validate this request (Doctor’s note, obituary, etc).
- If asking for a transfer to another class, please include the class dates you are requesting to be transferred to.
- Include contact information – phone, email and mailing address.
- All written requests will be reviewed by the Director. A decision will be made and a response will be delivered to the student within 30 days of receiving the written request.